I get frustrated with myself and others as we complain about "not having enough money" when we are really rich; especially when you compare what we have and what the rest of the world has... I am ashamed of my attitude!
Just a couple of questions for us to consider when tempted to complain about not having enough:
1) Do you have a place to sleep indoors?
2) Do your cars sleep indoors?
3) Did you eat yesterday? Will you eat today?
4) Did you eat all you wanted?
5) Did you have enough water to drink?
6) Do you have a TV? How many?
7) Do your TV's have cable? Or a DVD Player attached?
8) Do you have at least one pair of shoes?
9) Do you have at least one shirt, and a pair of pants?
10) Do you wash in a public lake, or do you have running water inside your house?
11) Do you have a computer, cell phone, any kind of game unit?
12) If you have children, do they have clothes, more toys then they can even play with, food when they are hungry, water when they are thirsty?
13) Have you gone out to eat in the last month?
14) Have you gone to a movie theater to watch a show in the last month?
15) If you had to, could you come up with $100 today?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you are better off then 70% of this world! Stop complaining and be thankful.
Disclaimer: Nothing wrong with having these things and more! But please be thankful, and generous! If everything you have is just for you and yours ... you've got a problem; you don't have money, it has you!
Luke 12:28 "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more."