Thanksgiving is just days away, and Christmas is soon coming so I felt it appropriate to share a few thoughts on HOW TO GET ALONG WITH YOUR CRAZY RELATIVES DURING THE HOLIDAYS!
Every family has it's issues! Let's just be honest here. We are all dysfunctional in some ways... yes, even you! I know that most of my family lives here in KC, or at least within a 30 minute drive from here and there are two Thanksgivings going on because certain relatives can't stand to be in the same room with each other. I feel like I am in grade school again sometimes. I know you know what I am talking about.
Q: So how can you get along with relatives ... even the crazy-nutty ones?
1) Do not bring up touchy subjects! You know what they are... stay away.
2) Refuse to argue. Even if they try to start something, don't! It takes two to argue ... if you refuse to engage them, then they just look the fool.
Romans 12:18 "If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men."
3) Know that you are not going to change them, nor get them to see the light ... no matter how bad you want them to be normal ... they won't! Probably never! Get used to it.
4) Talk about happy subjects. Don't grip, complain, slander, or bad mouth any family members ... even if others do it, you be the bigger person and don't go there.
I love this quote: "Small people talk about other people, big people talk about plans, dream and goals"
5) Stay out of negative town ... that just brings the mood low... it's the Holiday Season ... just enjoy.
6) Most important: Remember that Thanksgiving and Christmas are all about JESUS! Need I say more?