A: Tequila (okay I am only being funny here ... it's just a joke! Lighten up!)
One of my favorite verses in the Bible is so simple, yet profound and even more difficult to live out; 1 Peter 5:7 "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." - NLT
I think it's challenging because when we do "give our cares over to God" when often pick them back up soon after giving them to God. It's like that old song, "give your burdens to the Lord and leave it there ... leave it there."
There are many natural ways to deal with stress as well, here are a few:
- Have a positive attitude. (it's a choice)
- Try not to worry about things out of your control. (Worry never helps)
- Problem solve with people around you. Ask them to help you alleviate stress. (Friends)
- Exercise. A few extra minutes of exercise a day can benefit your overall health.
- Stay away from Nasty In-laws (ha ha!)
- Eat Nutritional food. Decrease the amount of fat and sugar you eat.
- Meditate (pray,) or take a class in relaxation and stretching techniques.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages.
- Rest. Try to get eight hours of sleep each day.
- Get a massage. A massage can be beneficial for the mind and body.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take extra Vitamin C
- Ever-so-often stop and do a deep breathing exercise.