The Bible talks about being "separate from the world..." and I think that applies in many ways, but one way in particular is with our attitude.
Thankfully I work in a very happy place, with happy people, but many people I talk to say their place of employment in very unhappy.
Here are some questions to ask yourself on a daily basis to keep your thoughts going in the right direction:
- What are 5 things I am thankful right now?
- What are 5 of my positive traits?
- What are my top 5 achievements?
- Who are the 5 people who love me no matter what?
- What are 5 things I am looking forward to in the next 30 days?
Here are the questions you SHOULD quit asking yourself:
- What are the 5 things that make my life stink right now?
- What are my bad traits?
- What are my 5 biggest mistakes?
- What 5 people hate me, or want to see me fail?
- What are the 5 things I am dreading in the next 30 days
It reminds me of when The Apostle Peter didn’t like what Jesus said about His coming death… and said…
Mark 8:33 "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
The challenge for all of us is to have the "things of God in mind".