I turned 50 on April 14th, then two days later I spent the day in Paris with my wife and son. Unfortunately my daughter couldn’t make it because she is adulting, ha ha!
I woke up on my birthday and had these thoughts and wanted to share it with you, enjoy!
THOUGHTS FROM A 50 YEAR OLD
Today is my 50th Birthday, I honestly can’t believe it! I don’t feel 50, I definitely don’t act 50 and hopefully I never look 50, ha ha! 50 years of life has taught me a few lessons no doubt!
I wish I could say that what I’ve learned came from all my successes and good decisions, but the truth is I’ve learned most my lessons from hardships, struggles and bad choices.
50 Things I’ve Learned: (This is my list, your list will be different)
1) Life is what you make it for the most part.
Meaning, many of our problems WE CAUSE by poor decisions, just as good decisions make life better. i.e. Eating right and regular exercise leads to better health typically, and Twinkies, Ding Dongs and fast food lead to poor health typically. This is true when it comes to every area of life ... career, relationships, etc etc.
2) You never can go wrong with Love & Kindness.
3) Religion is not all that great, but faith is.
4) Wash your face daily, and moisturize.
5) Drink a shit-ton of water daily.
6) Enjoy a good Wine, Beer or Whisky ever so often.
7) Try Marijuana (if you live in a legal state).
8) Travel as much as possible.
9) Live simple.
10) Dress with style.
11) Exercise daily.
12) Be quick to apologize and forgive.
13) Be positive.
14) Love your family like crazy.
15) Don't judge.
16) See the beauty in everything and everyone.
17) Don't spend more $ than you earn.
18) Give 10% away to charity.
19) With any deal find a Win Win.
20) Help others reach their dreams.
21) Don't be a shitty person, ever.
22) Be a lover.
23) Don't waste your life watching too much TV, but rather get out and live life.
24) Cry when you feel like it.
25) Be vulnerable.
26) Have a healthy sex life with your partner.
27) Laugh at yourself and others.
28) Read. Read. Read.
29) Be teachable.
30) Have some great friends, they are the spice of life.
31) Have no regrets.
32) Don't let your past define you, write your own story.
33) Live with passion.
34) Don't ever give up on your dreams.
"Just keep swimming!"
36) Skip rather than walk down the street.
37) Give lots of compliments.
38) Do the things that bring you joy.
39) Get at least (1) tattoo.
40) Don't let fear dictate your decisions.
41) Try new things.
42) Learn a foreign language.
43) Learn to play an instrument.
44) Find your tribe.
45) Find a job you love so you can enjoy going to work each day.
48) Watch good movies.
49) Swim in the Ocean.
50) Take time each day to Dream and Think.