...Not a Building!
Hi, my name is Timmy Gibson and I am a pastor of a mobile church, meaning we do not own a building, we actually rent a school building where "our church" gathers for our weekly worship service.
More and more I am beyond frustrated that people still feel that church is a building. A building with a steeple that is used for church purposes is just a building with the CHURCH meeting there! You take away the people and you just have a building, that's it!
Jesus never said anything about a building being important ... it's people who are important and its the relationships within the church between those people that are truly important and it's people who make up the church!
- I have never known of a church building to stop by the hospital to visit the mother of a newborn!
- I have never known of a church building to come to the hospital to visit the parents of a sick child.
- I have never known a church building to prepare a meal for someone who had surgery and couldn't get around.
- I have never known a church building to go to the graveside of a young couple who had to bury there 1 year old child.
- I have never known a church building to pray with a family who has filed bankruptcy and is unsure of their future.
It's PEOPLE who do that ... PEOPLE WHO MAKE UP THE CHURCH!